DIY Trap?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeriousDude5

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a Clarkii Clown who has killed my Red Sea Star now I am looking to catch him, because he is also becoming agressive toward the other fish. I have tried the bottle method with zero sucess in 3 hours of haveing it in. Are there any other DIY traps that someone can please give me the blue prints for? If so I would reall appriciate it TIA.

3 hours is not going to be enough time. Put some raw meaty food in trap and leave it there for a few days. dont feed him in the mean time. if the opening is big enough for him to get in, you should have him pretty quickly. make sure its a clear bottle and you have removed the lable. :wink:

Alright I will wait when you say "Raw Meat" what do you suggest I tried the pellets I feed them but he usually goes up top to get them and the trap is on the bottom. Let me know thanks.

I would suggest getting some krill. Freeze dried or frozen will work. Put a small rock in the bottle to hold it down, and a couple of pieces of krill in with it. It will be able to smell it....with you not feeding, it should be irrisistible. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom