Do I need a Ball Valve?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Someone recommended filter socks to me too. Advised to get several so a clean one is always on hand while other is in the laundry.

Drip plate sure is easy though....

Well I see you have a sponge and bio balls I'm taking my bio balls out slowly so they don't cause problems in the long run

Do I use silicone to attach/seal the partition if it is acrylic? What is drying time? And can my DT go that long with the circulation turned off?
If you can get acrylic panels cut to the same inner dimensions as the wet dry, then I would use JB Weld, or acrylic cement. Drying time is probably 12 hours. Otherwise silicone may work if applied generously.
What circulation are you missing?
The non working skimmer? I wouldn't worry about that. how much rock is in the DT? What fish load?

At least 150 lbs live rock. 3 small fish. A tuxedo urchin, one cleaner shrimp, 2 turbo snails and 2 red hermit crabs. Pretty light load I think. By circulation I was referring to all of the components that keep the water moving in the tank. (Return pump and 2 power heads). Don't I need something for oxygenization ?

Your power heads should be sufficient. If not, maybe add another? It wouldn't hurt to have an extra one laying around for mixing water or back up anyway.

Back
Top Bottom