Do I need a power head??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mokrytzki

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 75 gallon freshwater tank. The water always seems to have matter floating around. I do weekly 30% water changes. I have roughly 20 various fish in it. I am running a eheim 2028 good for 150 gallons and a fluval 206 good for 50 gallons. With over 200 rated gallons worth of filtration I would think the water should be clear. I also have two layers I 100 micron pads in the eheim. Long story short, is circulation perhaps a culprit to the floating debris?

Have you cleaned your filter lately? Sometimes old food can get trapped in there until it builds up leaving left overs floating around in your tank.

I recommend removing the filter and cleaning it w tank water.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Im actually in the process of setting up my 75 and I ordered a power head its also good for the fish. Amazon has pretty good prices. Maxi Jets fairly reasonable

Have you cleaned your filter lately? Sometimes old food can get trapped in there until it builds up leaving left overs floating around in your tank.

I recommend removing the filter and cleaning it w tank water.

I have read that I should only need to clean the filter every six months. That being said I actually clean the filter floss every other week and replace it roughly once a month.

Im actually in the process of setting up my 75 and I ordered a power head its also good for the fish. Amazon has pretty good prices. Maxi Jets fairly reasonable

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to have a look.

Back
Top Bottom