Do i need an AC 50?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gboy66

Aquarium Advice Addict
K so iv got a fw 40 gallon tank with a penguin biowheel, but the thing isnt working great. Water is overflowing the chamber and coming out there too! We also have a 30 gallon sw tank in the making but the cycle hasent started yet so its empty. We bought a brand new AC 70 for that tank to filter it along with a 10 gallon filter, protein skimmer, and 40 lbs of live rock eventually.

SO, the question is, should i move the AC 70 down to the 40 gallon and buy an AC 50 for the sw tank, or just buy an AC 50 for the 40 gallon to run beside the penguin biowheel 350 and keep the AC 70 on the sw tank.

Haha confusing...but i hope you all understand. Also please know that i cant buy much more then the AC 50 for either tank, because i dont have much $ to spend with the sw build an all. Also, other filter reccommendations in the 20-30$ pricerange are appreciated. Thanks all!!!

That sounds like a good plan. Move the AC50 to the 30g, put the AC70 on the 40g. Both will be slightly over filtered.

meegosh said:
That sounds like a good plan. Move the AC50 to the 30g, put the AC70 on the 40g. Both will be slightly over filtered.

good right? Thats what id like to do of i get the ac50 for christmas

Back
Top Bottom