Do I need to hang LED lights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cerulean_blue

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have been contemplating getting the dimmable TaoTronics LED lights.

I will be in a 1br/1ba apartment and don't want my entire place to be over taken with the lights. So I would prefer NOT to hang any lights. Is there anyone here who does not hang their LEDs or do you have any suggestions? Could I just build some sort of stand within my hood? Is there any requirement to how high they have to be above the water? I've seen some that need to be 30cm above.

On a 24" deep tank the standard is around 6in for that fixture. The best thing would be to have a canopy on top of the tank that you could mount then in

the problem with running LEDs on top of the tank is that the light wont spread well and you will have a spot light effect.

CleverBs said:
the problem with running LEDs on top of the tank is that the light wont spread well and you will have a spot light effect.

This is not true, it all depends on the angel of the lens, I have a single fixture over my 48" tank 6 in above the water and it lights up almost the entire tank. LEDs spread just fine

yeah but like you said its 6" away from the water...hes asking if he needs to hang it at all. Im sure if the fixture was sitting on glass above the tank then the light would not spread

Not true my lights been with 120 angle there is no spot light st all I have mine sitting on
Brackets and they are about 10 inches from water. My tank is 32 deep and coral r great

I hung mine from a mount that attaches to the back of my stand. here's a picture

img_1905348_0_938d24307fcd771137c2a7f273833f9f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom