Do they make glass tops with anti reflective coating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScaryFatKidGT

Aquarium Advice FINatic
A lot of light bounces right off the glass, I know in flashlights they AR coat the glass, does anyone make glass tops like this?

What are you trying to accomplish?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think the OP is trying to address the glare or reflection from the glass. If the light fixture is mounted directly on the glass, then the visible reflection is minimized by the fixture itself. If mounted away from the glass (as in my case) then the reflection can be blinding. I solved this by placing a strip of black blotter board along the front of the fixture. Anything semi-rigid, thin, and opaque should work. Got this idea from Old Scales. He called it a light baffle.
In this pic, I have Finnex fixture mounted 3/4" above the tank but that is not clearly visible because of the black strip in front of it:
Ib29teN.jpg
ignore the yellow circles

What are you trying to accomplish?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think the OP is trying to address the glare or reflection from the glass. If the light fixture is mounted directly on the glass, then the visible reflection is minimized by the fixture itself. If mounted away from the glass (as in my case) then the reflection can be blinding. I solved this by placing a strip of black blotter board along the front of the fixture. Anything semi-rigid, thin, and opaque should work. Got this idea from Old Scales. He called it a light baffle.
In this pic, I have Finnex fixture mounted 3/4" above the tank but that is not clearly visible because of the black strip in front of it
That and maximizing the givin lights through put, I'm sure they don't rate there lights PAR through a glass top.

Back
Top Bottom