Do you like your siphon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larochem595

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello,

Having a hard time finding a siphon hose I like. The stores in my neck of the woods all carry the same Top Fin siphon. The plastic tubing keeps getting hard and the vacuum end keeps falling off. I sniped off the ends to get to a more pliable section but I can only do that so many times before it gets too short. This is my third siphon like this and it’s annoying.

Can anyone recommend a siphon hose they like?

It’s a standard 10 gallon tank.

Thanks!
Michelle :fish2:

The Fluval 15" siphon. Love the long siphon and more narrow helps get into tight spots.

But I have had mine about 5 years now and probably will need to trim the end on it. I switched ends, but get a tiny bubble. I did trim the edge at a slight angle as it is bent at the plastic connector where the plastic tube and siphon connect and cutting the plastic tube at an angle helped keep it tighter.

I think there are different lengths
https://www.chewy.com/fluval-edge-g...GIUD2Np--68z0ThUuxGV6ZYdivL14PLhoCnB8QAvD_BwE

Python bran siphons are by far the best quality - The hose they use is superior to any other brand I ever used which includes Aqeon, Lee, and some ebay crappers

Back
Top Bottom