Do you really need the tops to the AC's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Lately my AC110 has been rattling... ALOT!

Never had issues with said filters before but now have notice the rattling noise.

If I take the top plastic piece of it goes away. Do you "need" that top?

Really? Convict all it does that i know of is make it look nicer and prevent some little splashing that it may do. I don't have the top on my one tank :)

Andrew McFadden said:
Really? Convict all it does that i know of is make it look nicer and prevent some little splashing that it may do. I don't have the top on my one tank :)

Yea really lol. It's been bugging me lol. It's off and now it's all good. My tank is topless also. I have the wooden canopy so you can't tell and you can't even see the HOB so even better!! Off with the top!! Haha

Ya mine stay off for the most part due to rattling and haven't had an issue the only thing is it gives the room a lil stronger "aquarium smell" if you know what I mean lol

Mrc8858 said:
Ya mine stay off for the most part due to rattling and haven't had an issue the only thing is it gives the room a lil stronger "aquarium smell" if you know what I mean lol

Haha I gotcha... I'll keep that in mind, the rattling has gotten to me.

My AC only houses a sponge, crushed coral and polishing pads which get changed pretty much every 3 days.

Thanks!

Mine did that when I first got it. I was so upset! Everyone spoke so highly of them, but something so simple as the top seemed so poorly designed! It eventually went away though... I think sometimes the cause can be if you don't have the little brace underneath sitting tight against the glass, or sometimes the intake tube is positioned so it barely touches the lid causing some vibrations. I just tightened the brace and messed with the intake a little and all is good. Frustrating though, isn't it?

Billbug68 said:
Mine did that when I first got it. I was so upset! Everyone spoke so highly of them, but something so simple as the top seemed so poorly designed! It eventually went away though... I think sometimes the cause can be if you don't have the little brace underneath sitting tight against the glass, or sometimes the intake tube is positioned so it barely touches the lid causing some vibrations. I just tightened the brace and messed with the intake a little and all is good. Frustrating though, isn't it?

Yeah I'm with you! Something so little right? I'm muting the TV before going what is that?!? Where's it coming from?! Haha nailed it, got it, done!

The brace is snug and I thought the lid was on good. Once I took it of it went away. Ahh... Peace and quite.

Convict2161 said:
Yea really lol. It's been bugging me lol. It's off and now it's all good. My tank is topless also. I have the wooden canopy so you can't tell and you can't even see the HOB so even better!! Off with the top!! Haha

Take it off! Take it off! Sorry wrong forum ;)

mfdrookie516 said:
I took mine off on every ac I owned for that very reason.

Yeah just started to notice it. Top is off. You would think they would figure a way to solve that issue, after a google search it seems to be common thing with them.

Back
Top Bottom