Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Does anyone have a radion fixture

I'm thinking of getting two but I was wondering if there is anything better I was missing or what people think

Old 03-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #2

I used to have a radion they are worth the money I have a vertex 48" fixture that I like better. I would get either a radion, reeftech, or my favorite is vertex. The reeftec lighting strikes look like a strobe light radion does a Much better job

Old 03-15-2012, 11:21 PM   #3
Giant Clam Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion

I just got my first of 2 radions today. Amazing light. I cant wait to get it up and running after fiddling with it. Just have to find a way to hang w/ cathedral ceilings...
Sniperhank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:48 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank View Post
I just got my first of 2 radions today. Amazing light. I cant wait to get it up and running after fiddling with it. Just have to find a way to hang w/ cathedral ceilings...

You are gonna spend HOURS messing with the programming! me and my LFS spent hours just playing with his and we hardly went into hardcore programming. lol

have fun!

have you thought of hanging with something like this?

Current Hanging Arm Lighting Assembly, Aquarium Lighting Power | PetSolutions

I bought it to hang my LED fixture over my 60g rimless, I too have vaulted ceilings so I am pretty much screwed if I wanna hang lights.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:02 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have a radion as well. To be honest, I put it in Natural mode, set the sunrise and sunset to mimic the great barrier reef, and that's it. Though I did start at 60% intensity and go up 10% weekly for four weeks. I think it's great.

I upgraded from a 4-bulb AquaticLife T5 with ATI bulbs and the difference is huge.

They also work with my MP10's which I like.

I believe guiessman has some wall hangers that work with the hanging kit.

I'm thinking about switching to "Artificial" mode, which is manual programming because now my lights ramp up from 6:30a till 2pm and then ramp back down. They are only at MAX for a few minutes.

Mrsaltwatertank has a good starting point for manual programming.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #6
Giant Clam Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion

Those arms would do the job prob...but pricey. After spending so much on lighting, and still need another one, I'm looking into cheaper options. If I come across a clothing rack somewhere I'm totally going to strip it down for use.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

So excited I can't wait to get it!!! Ha I wish they would do a discount on one if you bought multiples! But oh well
Old 03-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #8

I'm thining of getting the mp20 or 30 model. I can't drill my tank thou its all tempered so I have to wait and get a new tank. I just don't feel like a move though
Old 03-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #9

I wonder if I can get them to sync with the storm mode on my light and increase flow
Old 03-16-2012, 05:43 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

I don't think that it syncs with the "storm mode" yet. It does sync with feeding mode and night mode.

Tags
fixture

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com