Does anyone have battery backup for their aquariums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JVS__RAMBO

Aquarium Advice Regular
Could anyone give me any advice of what kind of UPS(battery backup to buy)

Could anyone give me any advice of what kind of UPS(battery backup to buy)

Any kind you want really. Just add up the power consumption (watts) of all the equipment you'll have on it, add 20% for safety sake and you're set. You do understand they only last about an hour or so, right?

I don't know what your situation is, but a good (small?) gas generator is a better option. I have one strong enough that it'll run my refer, a couple lights and my critical tanks. I can also switch from one appliance to another at anytime depending on specific needs. Welcome to earthquake country :D.

I have a handful of battery operated air pumps is all. I've never had to even take them out of the box...knock on wood!

I have a handful of battery operated air pumps is all. I've never had to even take them out of the box...knock on wood!

They help for sure, but don' filter anything in an extended outage and the SW crowd needs more than air. Besides, if (err... WHEN) we get hit by the big one, I'll need more than air bubbles for my family and fish lol.

Back
Top Bottom