Does anyone use timers for day/night lighting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Latitude_change

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am curious as to what everyone uses (or if) as timers for the lighting system. I have been looking at the various Coralife power centers, specifically the digital model. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have a coralife digital power strip. Programmable and have had to reprogram it a few times if you unplug it you lose all programming. I like it, but the timers you can just turn seem to be far less complex and just as functional.

I use a RK2 on our display which controls the fans , and heater as well which can be a bit difficult with a nanoreef ,and the frag tank I just use 2 heavy duty timers for pools/ponds and spas the 2 heavy duty ones suck since you can NOT change out the battery backup with out loosing your programing :(
I have also heard nightmares of the coralife strips as well so I shyed away from those , however lowes and I am sure other home improvement stores carry strips with the timers in for 1/2 the price of the coralife strips

Back
Top Bottom