Does this 46 gallon look like its worth $100?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mfdrookie516 said:
If it were black, I'd probably pay $100 for it... as long as the glass wasn't scratched up any.

Same here. Black and I'd probably take it. An hour away? I'd hold off but thats JMO.

Yeah, I'm undecided. :-/ I like the bowfronts. But sometimes I see deals on bigger tanks and wonder if I should wait. I missed a deal on a 90 gallon with pretty wooden stand for $100 a couple of weeks ago because I had no help to go get it. At least with the 46 I know I can move it by myself.

Hholly said:
Yeah, I'm undecided. :-/ I like the bowfronts. But sometimes I see deals on bigger tanks and wonder if I should wait. I missed a deal on a 90 gallon with pretty wooden stand for $100 a couple of weeks ago because I had no help to go get it. At least with the 46 I know I can move it by myself.

Are u in a rush? I have a 46 gallon bowfront with stand and beautiful stand with 2 glass doors and center shelves. With light! Wish I could get it to you.

Anyway if no rush and it was me I'd wait and see what else is out there. If the color doesn't bother you then, I dunno. I like dark wood myself. Pine stained black.

I'm not in a big rush, just ADDICTED! Lol. I wish I could buy your setup, Con. It sounds perfect.

Convict2161 said:
Are u in a rush? I have a 46 gallon bowfront with stand and beautiful stand with 2 glass doors and center shelves. With light! Wish I could get it to you.

Anyway if no rush and it was me I'd wait and see what else is out there. If the color doesn't bother you then, I dunno. I like dark wood myself. Pine stained black.

Omg. Thats what I want so bad lol. Sounds awesome :)

I can't give this tank away for some reason and I have a 28 gallon bowfront with stand too!! Just sitting in storage.

Ran for, no joke maybe.. MAYBE 3 weeks and I upgraded lol.

Convict2161 said:
I can give this tank away for some reason and I have a 28 gallon bowfront with stand too!! Just sitting in storage.

There are several tanks I've been looking at. I want another one so bad lol but I need to save up a little more.

It sounds like you just need a fish room for all those tanks. Lol. Or one in every room of your house. The 28 gal would be good in the bathroom. :)

Lol well right now I only have one, it's 55 gallons, but I'd like another slightly smaller one for the other room, preferably bow front. Maybe I'll be able to get myself one for my birthday hahaha

If you're questioning the tank then it's safe to say it's not THE tank you really want. I've learned when it comes to tanks patience is best. :)

Hholly said:
It sounds like you just need a fish room for all those tanks. Lol. Or one in every room of your house. The 28 gal would be good in the bathroom. :)

Haha the bathroom! That would drive my wife over the edge! 75 in the living room, bio 29, 20g puffer and a 4g dwarf puffer in the bed room.

View attachment 70305

Last edited:
I have the step down from this tank (36g), with the same finish. I got it for $40 with stand, heater, light, filter and a 10g with heater, light, filter (no stand though). I intended to paint it... but never got around to it. So, I would say, buy a tank with the stand and finish in a color you want unless you are super proactive and jump on repainting it. Oh, and the top rim is plastic, so you have to scratch it up, tape off the glass, and use plastic spray paint (or so I have been told). Anyway, I'm still stuck looking at this ugly brown color.

Back
Top Bottom