Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-28-2010, 05:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Hewitt View Post
Is there any reason why you can't have the filter water falling down onto the brace itself and then into the tank?
Why would someone do this?

Old 10-28-2010, 05:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim View Post
I think I finally understand what you're looking for. You want a power filter that hangs on the back of the tank, but straddles the center brace.
Yes. I specified this in the original post, where I noted "straddling."

Quote:
I thought you were looking for a filter that hung on the center brace.
No. I don't believe I indicated that anywhere; if I did, it was my mistake.

Quote:
I think the largest Marineland Penguin and Emperor would be your best bet. You'd have to do some modifications, specifically rerouting the intake pipe, but it could probably be done.
I was thinking the Marineland filters could do this -- after I noticed their dual waterfall return structures...I don't know if I would be into modifying them though...

Quote:
I do have to say, I agree with mfd that this wouldn't be much different than two HOBs on either side of the brace.
Indeed...you guys are probably right.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:49 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Another bonus of having two separate ones is that if one fails you don't lose all your filtration, and would give you a couple of days to fix/replace the one that fails.
Greenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmaster View Post
Another bonus of having two separate ones is that if one fails you don't lose all your filtration, and would give you a couple of days to fix/replace the one that fails.
Indeed, Green, I am running two filters now...

I just thought it would be "fitting" for my tank being that it has a center brace for a filter with dual waterfall returns to straddle the brace, thus sitting in the middle of the back of the tank and allowing for more uniform filtration across my 60 gallon rectangular...
Old 10-30-2010, 03:50 AM   #15

Anyone with any further input on whether or not these types of filters are available -- that is, something with enough width that the dual waterfall returns would sit to either side of the center brace (not ON it)?

Tags
filter, ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com