Don't boil spray bars!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Using North Korean spray bar technology I cooked one in an all clad slow cooker along with an entire 30lbs of manzanita driftwood and it turned into this:

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    9.2 KB · Views: 80
end result
img_3126030_0_44065ea2398244fd6499123f616be4e2.png

Ok why doesn't brooks just reboil the spray bar so he can reshape it...doesn't that make sense???

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Cram an appropriately size stick in there, boil it, and then use that stick to straighten it out properly. Allow to cool off and it should be okay.

That is, as long as you take proper precautions regarding the leeched toxins.

"That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works !!"

If you don't boil it properly in a Teflon coated pot, everybody is gonna get unfriended.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

"That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works !!"

If you don't boil it in a properly coated Teflon pot, everybody is gonna get unfriended

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey if you want to put the plastic spray bar that's starting to leach chemicals due to you boiling it back int your tank water be my guest.. I suggest you guys read up on how hazardus these chemicals can be.. But then they are only fish

Hey if you want to put the plastic spray bar that's starting to leach chemicals due to you boiling it back int your tank water be my guest.. I suggest you guys read up on how hazardus these chemicals can be.. But then they are only fish

We covered that to a great extent. This is how dangerous those chemicals are.

Exploding-Earth-image-from-Okomakiako-on-DeviantArt.jpg

On the serious note, do you have any actual scientific studies that you base your statements off of? If so, please link them. I would be interested in reading them.

Its simple if boiling makes it leach then the freezer will reseal it!?!?!????

Its simple if boiling makes it leach then the freezer will reseal it!?!?!????

All my fish are dead..my truck got sucked into a polar vortex and I'm pretty sure I woke up in antarctica.. why o why did I boil that spray bar, scrub it and run it under cold water for a minute, let it dry and replace it in the tank?!? Whyyyyyyy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Cram an appropriately size stick in there, boil it, and then use that stick to straighten it out properly. Allow to cool off and it should be okay.

That is, as long as you take proper precautions regarding the leeched toxins.

Noooooo, dont do it! we've already covered what will happen when the stick and the spray bar are boiled in the same pot!

Back
Top Bottom