Don't boil spray bars!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookster123

Aquarium Advice Addict
Unless you want a banana spray bar haha.. it's actually kind of better in a way.. it sprays in all different directions now..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Haha I did that with the HOB intake. Crooked now.
Just use a pipe cleaning brush.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It was just a quick bath, I've done it with ac tubes.. this was a sunsun spray bar, not made with nasa grade material or anything..

Smooth move but if you can form it like one of those S shaped track light bars that would be cool. The spray would come out to the middle of the tank. And thanks for being the tester because that's something I would do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I mean really its plastic did you not think plastic would melt or warp from excessive heat lol ??

Like I stated before.. I've given them a quick bath with no issues, this is very cheap plastic..

Smooth move but if you can form it like one of those S shaped track light bars that would be cool. The spray would come out to the middle of the tank. And thanks for being the tester because that's something I would do.

It's a banana shape now and it does throw the spray in a rainbow pattern rather than straight forward now if that makes sense?? It's totally ok with me... getting those ferts all over!

Another problem with boiling is your leaching out all the chemicals from the plastic..

Am I though?? Into the pot?

Am I though?? Into the pot?

Careful, those chemicals might leech into the pot and then back into food when you cook it killing everything that eats that food. You might have to replace the pot.

It's a brand new pot!!!! We collected 150 shaws stamps!! Its a cuisine art for fish sakes!!

It's a brand new pot!!!! We collected 150 shaws stamps!! Its a cuisine art for fish sakes!!

Nope, it's contaminated forever. Send it to me and I will dispose of it properly

My gf is going to kill me:(

You should have known better. I would suggest that you overnight it to me so the toxins don't get released in your house. It might gas you, your gf, and your fish to death. I have the proper equipment to handle the situation.

My gf is going to kill me:(

Just wash it an put it away. Never mention it again. If she asks tell her you know nothing.

This is all a joke right? Everybody knows that a pot that as been used to boil a spray bar is liable to morph into a killer robot ad kill you all!:eek: I recommend you dispose of that thing safely by throwing it in a local waterway along with a used 24 pack of corroded AA batteries to neutralize the chemicals...:dance:

I was going to call in a hazmat team 6 posts ago but this has gone way past that. I'm outta here!

I was going to call in a hazmat team 6 posts ago but this has gone way past that. I'm outta here!

Hazmat team? Your going to need the US military to fix this thing.your wise to leave this thread though, this thing could start leaching poison through the internet and out of you computer.

So wait.. I've got the pot tied to a 8' rope dangling off the porch, i grabbed the neighbors pressure washer and loaded it with bleach! Now.. my question is.. i got the neighbors cat with the bleach, what should I do?? The pot is clean but the cat is totally freaking out! I should have never boiled that spray bar..

So wait.. I've got the pot tied to a 8' rope dangling off the porch, i grabbed the neighbors pressure washer and loaded it with bleach! Now.. my question is.. i got the neighbors cat with the bleach, what should I do?? The pot is clean but the cat is totally freaking out! I should have never boiled that spray bar..

well according to cat care.com use a mild shampoo to give the cat a gentle bath rinsing the bleach of of the coat. That pot is going to melt through that rope hit a pedestrian below and start the transformation process if you don't dispose of it properly very soon, I would recommend bugging out soon after as the US government is going to be after you for spray bar misconduct soon.. :nono:

well according to cat care.com use a mild shampoo to give the cat a gentle bath rinsing the bleach of of the coat. That pot is going to melt through that rope hit a pedestrian below and start the transformation process if you don't dispose of it properly very soon, I would recommend bugging out soon after as the US government is going to be after you for spray bar misconduct soon.. :nono:

Well I wasn't sure but one time my dog got sprayed by a skunk and we used hydrogen peroxide??.. it was a tabby cat.. now it's ummmm... a... 80 ' s party cat!! Pot has safely been replaced,.gf none the wiser.. have this sneaking suspicion I'll be hearing from my neighbor shortly though...

The last time I boiled plastic in a pot it turned into this.

Transformers-Megatron-the-Ride-3D.jpg

They ended up having to drop fat boy and little boy onto japan to kill it and they used the war to cover it up. It inspired the entire transformers franchise.

Back
Top Bottom