Dosing Pump: Liquid drains back into container?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChizerBunoi

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm finding that on my Bubble Magus pumps, the liquid inside the lines drain back into the containers. I make sure that the entire tube is filled to the max. After stopping a manual pumping action, air bubbles form in sections and then it eventually drains back into the container. Am I suppose to put a check valve on it somewhere?

anyone else have this problem with their doser?

not sure. Bump for experience. not really sure what your asking. I know what you got a new doser. So when you dose, the liquid dosen't go in the tank?

I'm not sure what kind of doser you have, but when I was using autodosers to dose PPS Pro solution in my planted tanks, I had the same thing going on. I never put a check valve on because it worked in my favor to get a smaller amount of solution out with my highly calibrated, super precise 1 minute invterval timer haha... If this is something you're wanting to avoid, a check valve should do the trick.

Thank you for the replies. I'm starting to think that it is the airline tubing that I have chose to use. Also going to try a checkvalve if that doesn't work.

You guys are great. :fish2:

Thank you for the replies. I'm starting to think that it is the airline tubing that I have chose to use. Also going to try a checkvalve if that doesn't work.

You guys are great. :fish2:

Hi I am having the same problem, did you find a solution to this?

Thanks!

I'd throw a check valve on it. Short of checking for air leaks and the such, the only real option to prevent back flow is a check valve. They are dirt cheap but can fail. I would suggest ordering a couple so you have a back up.

Wow new AA look is spectacular. :p

I had place a check valve at the end of the tubing on both ends. One inside the container and one right before the outlet to the tank. Also, unless you are using the manufacture hose, you have to use regular aquarium silicone hose. I purchased extra tubing from a hardware store and it didn't work as well. It does work, but doesn't have as tight of a fit on the dosing pump.

if you goto www.bulkreefsupply.com and watch the video on there dosing pump they talk about how there pumps are different and explain how they don't have this problem its something in how the pump is made but I forget. I do have the BRS 1.1ml dosing pumps and they don't allow the liquid to flow backwards

I agree on the BRS pump. Also, the GHL dosers don't have this issue and offer a wider range of programmable options.

Back
Top Bottom