DP filter suggestion.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mogurako

Aquarium Advice Addict
During the coarse of making my background for my 90 gal I ended up with a practice one that's perfect for a 10 gal and I wanted to do a Indian dwarf puffer tank.

So my question is would it be better to have two smaller Aquaclears or one larger one? The tank will be planted and I was also curious if anyone has used the heaters that go under the substrate?

Mogurako said:
During the coarse of making my background for my 90 gal I ended up with a practice one that's perfect for a 10 gal and I wanted to do a Indian dwarf puffer tank.

So my question is would it be better to have two smaller Aquaclears or one larger one? The tank will be planted and I was also curious if anyone has used the heaters that go under the substrate?

Two small Aquaclears is Better because if one fails u already have a backup. And heaters ain't meant to be buried are they?

I'd suggest the 2 filter approach as well as long as you can contain the current and leave a calm area in the tank. That may be a struggle with 2 filters on a 10.

I've never tried it personally, but I know some people that use the zoomed under tank heaters meant for herp tanks. I don't know of any off the top of my head that are designed to go under substrate.

HN1 said:
I'd suggest the 2 filter approach as well as long as you can contain the current and leave a calm area in the tank. That may be a struggle with 2 filters on a 10.

I would imagine the middle/bottom would be fairly calm if I used 2 aqua clear 20s

HN1 said:
I've never tried it personally, but I know some people that use the zoomed under tank heaters meant for herp tanks. I don't know of any off the top of my head that are designed to go under substrate.

This is what I was referring to HN1,

http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3743+11371&pcatid=11371

Back
Top Bottom