E Live LED Track Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brothergc

Aquarium Advice Activist
Wanted to share my experience with this light Elive | Lighting | LED Module Track Light | Elive Products
I was at my local pet store , they had a dollor a gallon sale on aquariums so I bought a 29 gallon , she also sold me on what I though was a cool product a Elive track light .
Well last night I get the aquarium all set up and turned on the light , wow what a disipointment a 60 watt old school light bulp would have done a better job , very low light , so I figure I needed more modules so off to the pet shop I go , well 7 modules latter and 70 bucks , still just barley acceptable .
Definately not good enough for my newly planted tank , and realy not acceptable . About as bright as a very cloudy day in december :banghead:
I gave up on the light cut my losses and went with a coralife 2 bulb , 30 inch HO and wow night and day difference . I did get rid of the blue bulb that came with the unit for a 6700k (y)
Bottom Line is anyone thinking of one of these better be ready to shell out more bucks and max out the Elife with more modules at 6-12 bucks a pop .
Now I don't know what I am going to do with the old Elife , it works but useless for a planted tank

I believe those are pushed by certain retail stores. Can't say I've seen too many positive reviews on it. Not all LEDs are the same as you probably have figured out (saw your other post on the 24/7).
I guess it's too late to return it and the additional modules? If so, that's too bad. Perhaps sell it as a fish only or possibly a low light fixture and get something back for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I use this on a 20L.... Figured it was crap, but my plants are doing fine. I got it as a present. I just filled it with plant+ modules.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I believe those are pushed by certain retail stores. Can't say I've seen too many positive reviews on it. Not all LEDs are the same as you probably have figured out (saw your other post on the 24/7).
I guess it's too late to return it and the additional modules? If so, that's too bad. Perhaps sell it as a fish only or possibly a low light fixture and get something back for it.

Yes I agree . I found out the hard way , just gave up on it . I did find that the Finnex Planted+ 24/7 does a better job stumbled across it at amazon , I was so impressed by it I just ordred one . so now I have a new delemma , I now have a total of 3 aquarium lights the Finnex Planted+ 24/7 , the Coralife HO, and the crappy ELife.
I have been out of the loop in aquariums for a couple of years , impressed how much LEDs have advanced

I use this on a 20L.... Figured it was crap, but my plants are doing fine. I got it as a present. I just filled it with plant+ modules.

I was going to suggest this as a low light fixture on a shallower tank. Thanks for confirming.

I commented a few years back on the evolution of LED lighting for aquarium use and how it is still in it's infancy (at the time).
Even looking at the predecessor of the 24/7, the Planted+, you can see differences such as a slimmer chassis and dimming capabilities. Features you would find in fixtures for a lot more $$$.
I went through the progression of a Coralife Dual T5 NO, Finnex FugeRay, and a Finnex Planted+. The first one died, the second on is on my shrimp tank and the third is currently on my planted tank. Things are fine (overgrown) so I will sit tight until version 2 of the 24/7 comes out.

I commented a few years back on the evolution of LED lighting for aquarium use and how it is still in it's infancy (at the time).
Even looking at the predecessor of the 24/7, the Planted+, you can see differences such as a slimmer chassis and dimming capabilities. Features you would find in fixtures for a lot more $$$.
I went through the progression of a Coralife Dual T5 NO, Finnex FugeRay, and a Finnex Planted+. The first one died, the second on is on my shrimp tank and the third is currently on my planted tank. Things are fine (overgrown) so I will sit tight until version 2 of the 24/7 comes out.

their is a version 2 of the finnex 24/7 ? any more info on this ?

their is a version 2 of the finnex 24/7 ? any more info on this ?

Not confirmed but a rumor I heard about on this forum. Really not sure what they could possibly add except for a manual on/off button (handy in case you misplace the remote).
Until then...enjoy your new fixture. I think the best feature is the dimming capability.

Not confirmed but a rumor I heard about on this forum. Really not sure what they could possibly add except for a manual on/off button (handy in case you misplace the remote).
Until then...enjoy your new fixture. I think the best feature is the dimming capability.

whew ! for a while their I thought I bought a outdated version ! LOL
hum , maybe in the version 2 they could add a lullabye feature to put your fish to sleep LOL ( just kidding ) But seriously I would like to see those clear plastic feet be changed into a black color and make them height ajustable . from the picks I seen , seems to sit a little tall

Yeah, something about the Planted plus 2 and finnex elite series, apparently they plan to make a finnex phone app, SOunds too good to be true but I will hope.

what do you think would be a fair price ? I already bougt 7 additional modules to go with the light which I would include

what do you think would be a fair price ? I already bougt 7 additional modules to go with the light which I would include

No idea what these should go for.
I would check with eBay for price listings for used fixtures and also add on for the modules.

The modules are abt 7.99 a piece new. The fixtures are 60$ -80 if i remember the prices from lfs correctly.

The modules are abt 7.99 a piece new. The fixtures are 60$ -80 if i remember the prices from lfs correctly.

ok so I am thinking 75 bucks shipped , sound fair ?

Back
Top Bottom