eBay LED Leap of Faith..!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Tex

Aquarium Advice Addict
well guys im an avid ebay buyer and im not a name brand guy at all, im actually a DIY at that, but im seriously considering getting this 48" light bar for my 55gal tank, i think its gonna look sweet, it has 2 rows of actinic 460nm blue leds so no more adding blue strips for more blue, what do you guys think..? i mean you cant beat $110 am i right..? (y)

48" 50" Aquarium LED Light 5 Rolls Version Lunar Bright Fish Tank LM 4592 CE | eBay

How tall is your tank. Those LEDs are only .2 watt so won't get good water column penetration.
Other then that looks good.

It's a 55gal 48" tank guys, I think it's 22" tall by 18" wide and even at .2 watts I don't wanna blast the fish with light plus I think there's enough of them to make em look like .5w LEDs and if not, ill open her up and do some dirty work (;

It's a 55gal 48" tank guys, I think it's 22" tall by 18" wide and even at .2 watts I don't wanna blast the fish with light plus I think there's enough of them to make em look like .5w LEDs and if not, ill open her up and do some dirty work (;
I have the 18" double bright Beamsworks. All white lights. I'm very happy with it. Personally I should have got the 22" version, my tank is 24" wide. Overall i'm very happy with the light it produces and my low light plants are flying with it.....

So I'm guessing its a fish only sw tank?
If so that'll work just fine.

Yes it is, but freshwater, and I can't have a planted tank, too complicated and I don't have the time, plus plastic plants won't die on me, anyhoo, I think it's gonna be a good purchase for me ill keep you guys posted on this, I'm pretty excited for it.

I think for same price you can get the Currwnt led on pet solutions that let's u customize the white, blue, green, red led right? I'd do that you can then blend to what u like. I got the current plus led which is a lil more pricy and like the options on it. Double brights marineland still give best non blue led look imo

I think for same price you can get the Currwnt led on pet solutions that let's u customize the white, blue, green, red led right? I'd do that you can then blend to what u like. I got the current plus led which is a lil more pricy and like the options on it. Double brights marineland still give best non blue led look imo

Yea they do, including the price tag to boot lol I don't really like the non-blue light I could just keep t5 and get that effect I want the blue so I can make my fish pop a bit more, plus I'm looking for something sleeker than my t5 hoods. I like the current but the lower budget ones only have daylight and moonlight modes, not both together which sucks IMO that's what turned me onto this one.

Yea they do, including the price tag to boot lol I don't really like the non-blue light I could just keep t5 and get that effect I want the blue so I can make my fish pop a bit more, plus I'm looking for something sleeker than my t5 hoods. I like the current but the lower budget ones only have daylight and moonlight modes, not both together which sucks IMO that's what turned me onto this one.

On the current you can customize each color so you can do whatever color u want Just a thought. Good luck

Also look at the aquatic life led. 48 inch is like 90. And u can do all blue or or half blue and white bi have the Hal and half w double brights. And looks awesome

On the current you can customize each color so you can do whatever color u want Just a thought. Good luck

On the lower budget models? All I've seen is "daylight" and "moonlight" modes on anything under $125 which sucks because I want white and blue non together. Ill look into it.

Exactly! I've seen it cheaper. Here's pic w normal lights and them w that added.

ok now my question is, is that without the "normal" lights on and just the aquatic life led bar on by itself or with the "normal" lights on too which im guessing are the t5 daylights..?

ok now my question is, is that without the "normal" lights on and just the aquatic life led bar on by itself or with the "normal" lights on too which im guessing are the t5 daylights..?

I forget if that's both sets or solo. And the normal day lights are marineland double brights. Just to compare I will snap pics of busy that aquatic life light on solo and then the 2 together for you to compare

I forget if that's both sets or solo. And the normal day lights are marineland double brights. Just to compare I will snap pics of busy that aquatic life light on solo and then the 2 together for you to compare

sweet bro, i have a local buddy with the db marinelands and they dont tickle my fancy at all lol post up those pics asap thanks!

sweet bro, i have a local buddy with the db marinelands and they dont tickle my fancy at all lol post up those pics asap thanks!

Ya the dub brights are love or hate. Depends on my mood. Ill do them alone or as on the other strip for that blue. Good combo. The othe good thing about that aquatic life is that its so light and think could set it on top using the legs or mount it easy with double sided mounting tape. Work till 7 then ill get the pics to u

Back
Top Bottom