Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-23-2011, 12:04 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Post Ebay Ro/di replacement filters

If you were like me and purchased a portable ro/di unit I found the replacement filters for it. I just ordered the 3 pack including the di resin. My tds is slowly going up so it's time to replace the filters. I've gotten over 1000g of water out of it before it started showing tds so I'm still pleased with the unit.

here is the link to their webpage and the replacement filters

PureWaterClub.com

Hope this helps some people as it may be time to change your di or filters as well since it's been about 6 months since I got mine.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:59 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks a bunch! Bookmarked that for future use. Just plumbing mine and making first batch of water this weekend.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:42 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thanks carey, I was thinking about ordering the replacement filters for when I need them, going to order them now!

Do you have a link for the TDS meter? I haven't ordered one yet, soooo many to choose from!
Old 09-23-2011, 07:13 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I just picked the cheapest tds meter I could find on ebay. i wasn't very particular at all. lol
Old 09-23-2011, 07:51 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
I just picked the cheapest tds meter I could find on ebay. i wasn't very particular at all. lol
Quess I'll do the same then!!
Old 09-24-2011, 02:53 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

I got the TDS meter from purewater club for 19.00 and it works great so far. My tap water showed 155 and my first bucket of water through the RO/DI showed 001, second bucket showed 000. I'm thrilled to finally have good pure water. Thanks for the info. Well back to check on my water.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:25 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thanks carey and MDChurch...ordered my replacement filters and a TDS meter!!
Old 11-15-2011, 10:31 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Activist

Carey, like you purchased a portable Ro/DI unit. Mine this model from PureWaterClub.com

I've been very happy with the performance and with only 45 psi input it seems fairly efficient. And, until recently was getting 0 TDS output.

Keeping in mind that mine has only purchased in early September (but not seen any real use until I filled and starting cycling my 65g saltwater tank), I'm dismayed that the di output is now 2 and that's after only aot 6 weeks!

The ro only output is still Ok, I think but not sure what the 'standard' is for ro...(we use it for drinking water). Today, it reads 9.

So, I've written to David (PueWaterClub) twice about the ro output... first time 5-days ago! ...but am not getting a satisfactory response. I'm not even sure where else to get a replacement di filter for that unit.

Have you had a satisfactory experience with performance, longevity, and service from PureWaterClub?

Thanks!
Old 11-15-2011, 10:35 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I haven't had any issues as far as customer service as everything has worked for me since I got it.

As far as the unit itself, I have to say I am still pleased with it. It took thousands of gallons of water and over 6 months for my TDS to start to read. I make ALOT of water....

However, I am debating going for a larger full size unit when these filters run their life cycle out. Will be cheaper for replacements and more universal. I think the portable one can only be gotten at purewater club so the replacements have to come from them.

I would send another email and stay on them until you get a satisfactory response. I know some others who purchased this unit had to contact them and they were dealt with in a quick and courteous manner from what I have heard.

Good luck!!!
Old 11-16-2011, 05:50 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I got my ro/di unit from them. The fitting on the end of the di was broken. I emailed dave an he responded within a day. I was sent a whole new di unit and received it in 2 days. Its been working great ever since. I think they have excellent customer service.

Tags
filter, filters, ro/di

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com