Ebo Jagers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

retorres70

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
just got my two new 100 watts for 55 gal. from big als. read on box that they cannot be submerged completely. wanted to put them horizontal along bottom of tank. have also read, on this forum i believe, that they can be completely submerged. can i do this? I have them vertical for now. any thoughts?

ebo heaters are one of the top heaters out there and can be completely submerged. In the front of the box, it says waterproof/freshwater and saltwater.

do they make 2 different models?
Maybe his arent able to be submerged?

I love my 250 watt in my 55. I have it mounted horiz. in the middle of the tank under my Emprer 400

The law in Canada is odd and therefore the packaging states you cannot submerge it. Mine have all been submerged for over a year and old is well. (Hey Endgame, I thought you were off to bed a 1/2 hour ago :lol:)

I didnt wanna start a new post about Ebo Jagers but I was suggested by someone on here to get a 300W Ebo for a 55g tank. I saw online that a 200W is good for tanks of 40-60G in size...

Is a 200W Ebo Jager good enough for 55g?

TIA,
Dan

The general rule (that ive always followed at least) is around 2.5 watts per gallon. So a 200w should be plenty for your 55 gal. most experts would recommend two 100w instead of one 200w though. but it's of course up to you. im no expert so i use one. :twisted:

-brent

I am also not an expert on heaters, but I can only afford one per tank (times 6, soon to be nine tanks, and I'm broke :wink:) A lot of people will tell you 5 wpg is good (or is that 5 wpg of light for planted tanks?). Anyway, my theory is that the larger the tank is, the less wpg you need, because the tank is not loosing heat to the air. A smaller tank will need more wpg because it is loosing heat faster than a larger tank due to more surface area per volume of water.
BTW~
[center:784f18009a] :smilecolros: Welcome to AA, balasharkfreak! :n00b: [/center:784f18009a]

(and brent~it's nice to see you around these parts again :eyes:)

Menagerie said:
A lot of people will tell you 5 wpg is good (or is that 5 wpg of light for planted tanks?)

Well I don't want to correct you, because you have always taught me everything. hehe. But yea 5 wpg is definetly for lighting. For heaters I have always gone with exactly 2.5 wpg (because the first heater I ever bought said that on the side) and it's always worked fine.

I suppose it could completely depend on the heater though! :oops:

-brent

Back
Top Bottom