Eclipse system 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris stevens

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just ordered an Eclipse system 6 to use as my quarantine tank in the near future. 1. what modifications should i make (remove biowheel?), 2. in the future i might end up using it as a nano reef, once i really get my hands around this saltwater thing. does anyone sell PC bulbs that would fit in the lighting fixture?, 3. did i make a big mistake by going this small for a QT? fish being housed will likely be a large green chromis. thanks

Chris, the lighting that comes with eclipse system is junk. They are highly overpriced systems. I think it would be in your best interests to take it back and get the 12 gallon nano cube instead. These a perfect for quarantine if you want everything contained. It has a great filter and really good lighting for under 100 bucks! The other cool thing about these systems is you can fill the back filter system with quite a bit of live rock rubble. The only thing you will need to purchase is a small heater (which you can also hide in filter area) and a 10 dollar digital thermometer. You could also use this for a beautiful nano cube in the future.

I really rant and rave about these nano tanks. They are superb quality and you really cannot beat the price.

i dont know about a retro kit, but IMO, a 6 gallon might be a little small for a QT, I would go 10 gallons minimum, but thats JMO.

I would leave the biowheel in as you NEED some sort of filtration on a QT as you won't have any substrate or LR etc. the way most handle this is they use the biowheel and "prime it" by having it in an area of the display tank for a few days prior to purchasing your new fish. when you purchase the new fish, fill the QT tank with water from the display and move the biowheel from the display to the QT, this way there's some bacteria etc in the biowheel to help the QT filtration.

Back
Top Bottom