Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-07-2011, 10:43 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Eclispe II 30 Gallon

I purchased a used 30 Gallon tank a few weeks ago and it has an Eclispe hood that takes an "h" filter. Anyhow, I am finder that the pump is pumping so much water that the filter can't keep up and the water actually overflows into the biological filter. Is this a problem? Does anyone else have this style of hood? Is there a way to adjust the water flow? I've looked it over and it is not obvious to me. I changed the filter thinking it was plugged but the problem came back within 24 hours.

Anyone have any thoughts? I am very new at this. Don't even have fish yet, still cycling.

CoolHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:14 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
It is fine on a 30. I have one and though not my favorite set up it will do for now. Buy bulk filter material and cut yourself. I keep a sock-bag of coral substrate about 8 inches long and 2 inches round and wrap the filter material around it. I never change the coral material just rinse in aquarium water to save the extra bacteria. Hope this helps. Oh I also keep a smaller sock with carbon just behind the filter sock.
ShooterRick is offline   Reply With Quote

30 gallon

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com