Ecotech radion xr30w and mp10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jonty

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
After seeing this led lighting system, I would love one, but do I really need one? At the moment I only have live rock and a few crabs and hermits in the tank.

I have a 4 bulb t5 lighting system now, but the question is do I really need to spend £500 on the radion, or is the £500 better off in my pocket?

Also do I need a mp10 in the tank? It's a 55g tank which is 3ft long. Are internal circulation pumps a little bit of a novelty item for your tank? Or do people feel that they really help?

Thanks people,

Jonty

I would say unless you have high coral aspirations that you can pass on the radion, the 4 bulb t5's should be plenty for the average coral. :)

As far as circulation, the mp10 is awesome but a tad pricey. lol You definitely need some powerheads or something like though. Just your choice on the uber cool mp10 or 2 average powerheads.

Thanks Carey for your thoughts. This is my first sw tank, but in the future I'd love to have corals, mainly why I've started this tank.

I'm in two mind at the moment. I really want to get the radion, but being a student £500 is a lot of money, and the parents are probably going to be opposed to it when they hear the price. Maybe it is worth waiting.

What sort of corals could I keep with 2 white and 2 blue t5 bulbs? And what couldn't I keep?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom