Ecotech Vortech Power Heads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keithhjs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was looking into getting the MP40 and see that it says it needs a three inch clearance behind the aquarium. I don't have that amount of space. I was wondering I'd it can be installed differently and still be used. Maybe below the aquarium under the stand, or off the side? Anyone who had one and can explain to me why the space is needed in the back and for what I would really appreciate. Also if you have one a and can tell me if it can be used without the stated clearance please advise. Thanks all.

you can run them on the sides of the tank. I am running an MP10 on mine, but i've seen pretty much all the tanks at my lfs run the MP40 on the sides. just make sure your tank can handle the water pressure from the surges.

I think maybe I posted too late last night. Anyone chime in if you can shed any light on this subject.

You have to have 3" of clearance between the motor and the wall (or whatever is beside/behind the aquarium. You can put it on the side, which IMO you should do if it's your only MP40. The only time I've seen them used on the back glass was when there were multiples (like 6).

Thanks. I couldn't tell of the control module or something had to be placed in the back or if it was just the dry side of the powerhead.

Back
Top Bottom