Eheim 1262 pump...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You need the density of the water and then you can calculate the pressure at the pump and go to the manufacturer to find flow rate figures at X psi.

Example: Fresh water at 25.6 C (~78 F) has a density of 62.23 lb/ft^3. (62.23 * 6)/144 = 2.6 psi at the pump. If using saltwater, multiply the density for fresh water * the specific gravity.

Um... In English, does that mean it would work supposing normal tank conditions. I don't have my tank up and running yet. In fact I am trying to get all the stuff before I check my water...

Age? -> so I can get a rough idea of education level to know how to appropriately tailor a response. I don't see one in your profile.

Go the site you linked (Drs.F&S) lookup the pump and cliick on more information. You'll find a chart for flow rates that shows this model has about 590 gph at 6' head height.

I'm assuming you want this as a return pump from a sump or similar. In that case you need to match the pump output to the overflow. If this is a pre-drilled reef ready tank with two overflows (e.g. AGA 125RR) the overflows are probably rated at 600gph each. This pump would be fine, though you could go larger.

Thanks, I only have a 125g tank and 3 Koralia #4s at this point. I am attempting to create a marine tank. So any advice is helpful. I plan to have the tank drilled soon. So any in depth technical jargon is WAY above my head.

How many drains are you drilling and what size are they. Each drain will require a bulkhead, and each bulkhead will only allow x gallons/hour to drain through it depending on the size of the hole. I don't know the calculation but I'm suer it can be found on the web. Unless of course someone who knows chimes in.

I haven't got that far yet... I plan to take my tank to a LFS so they can drill and install overflows. I would guess they would use a 1" hole.

Back
Top Bottom