Eheim 2017 help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fsh4bass

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i recently aquired a eheim 2017 filter from my dad, and i am newer to all of this and have no clue what media/filters/pads to place in it, or what order they go in, i cant seem to find any help online...and its for a freshwater tank..thanks

Here's a breakdown of the media from bottom to top of the filter. I would buy online. Big Al's has great prices. Just search 2217 media on their site.

Efhimech- ceramic mechanical media used to filter large particulate matter and channel water evenly. Rinse with tap water during cleanings. You'll need 1 liter.

Coarse pad- the blue sponge pad that captures mid sized particle matter. Can be rinsed and squeezed with tap when the filter is cleaned.

Ehfisubstrat pro- biological filter media. Should be rinsed with tank water to clean. You'll need 1-2 liters.

Fine filter pad- the white pad that captures small particles and polishes the water. These need to be replaced during cleanings. I used a wad of filter floss in place of the fine filter pad since replacements can get costly.

Carbon pad- a thin carbon infused filter pad used for chemical filtration. I leave them out of my filters.

Back
Top Bottom