Eheim 2026 Professional Filter..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HOLLIEO

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just installed my Eheim 2026 Filter (after much debate on what to get).
This filter was installed on my 50 gallon turtle/goldfish/white cloud tank.
LEt me just say that those German engineers really knew what they were doing when they built this one.
I was temporarly running a Duetto on my tank... like I sais it was just temporary. Anyway... This filter was a breeze to set up and you can not hear a thing. It is soooooooooooooo quiet!! I absolutly love this filter. The only problem I ran into was to prime the pump on the filter. You are supposed to be able to push down on a button and it will automatically prime. Well, the way I have my hoses set up, it wasen't doing that. All I did was fill the canister with water and hook it up. It worked instantly.
My green water looks crystal clear, no more white deposits on the glass from the splashing of the other filter and the fish just love it!!!
:D
I would totally recomend this filter for anyone with a heavy bio load like mine. Not a lot of fish... just dirty ones ... lol

I have an Eheim myself, though it is a lowly 2215, and though it is not as easy to clean as some of the newer models it is absolutely silent, and that is fabulous. I think this filter will last me the rest of my life, too. Big Al's has absolutely the best price on Eheim that I can find, and I have searched high and low.

Yes! www.bigalsonline.com
It was the cheapest deal around... on not just on filters.
I ended up getting my 2026 with all the media needed and extra (was included), gosh I think it was like $170.00 including shipping.
I absolutly love this filter!!! I would have paid a lot more if I would have had to. Glad I didn't though!! :p

Hey - had exactly the same problem priming my 2126 (the thermo filter version)

The priming button just oscillated the water in the pipes.
I solved it as you did by manually filling up the filter container to the brim then using the priming button to do the rest.
The priming button pump does mean you don't have to be so meticulous in filling the whole system with water.

I just bought a 2128 minus the heater control for 96.00 on ebay. Thought it was a pretty good deal. One of the catalogs I have sell them new for 399 with substrate, 349 without.

Back
Top Bottom