Eheim 2026 tubing size questions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

glassbird

Aquarium Advice Freak
Could someone please explain this stuff to me? I will be looking at a used Eheim 2026 tomorrow. The owner has said that he cut the original tubing in some way to custom fit it to his tank, and I will most likely need to buy replacement tubing, including the intake part and the spray bar. I have been looking around online to see how much this stuff will cost, and I am confused by the connotation of "12/16 mm". What is this? I understand that the intake side of the 2026 has tubing of 16mm, and the outgo is 12mm. Is that it? If I get a set of "12/16mm" tubing, will I get one tube at 12mm and a second tube at 16mm?

How do the installation kits work? I do not like the intake and spray bar that seem to come with the new ones. The gray version would be preferable. Do you have to get a specific size of those kits for different filters? Is there a kit number for the 2026?

Any input here would be mighty appreciated...

Never mind! I think I have figured it out. Its just a fraction, not shorthand for two different sizes on one filter. I continued researching the filter and eventually realized that the first website that I had come across, before writing the question above, was wrong, and badly written as well...

And, the owner of the used pump gave me the wrong model number, so the question is mostly pointless now, anyway!

for future reference, i am pretty sure the 12/16 is the inside diameter/outside diameter of the tubing

Back
Top Bottom