eheim 2213

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noobaquarists

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi guys i just got an eheim 2213 canister filter for 20$ :dance:. the only thing is i've never used a canister filter before and im not sure what i need for media. along with the filter i was given a garbage bag full of bio-balls. can i use these in my eheim 2213 alone or do i need some other sort of media as well? thank you all in advance

Well you could just use bio balls as a biological filter as long as you have some other mechanical filtration. I would pick up some plastic scrubbies at the dollar store for the bottom, some bonded filter padding from petco and cut to shape, then put the bio balls on top.

What size tank, and what other filter if any?

Well you could just use bio balls as a biological filter as long as you have some other mechanical filtration. I would pick up some plastic scrubbies at the dollar store for the bottom, some bonded filter padding from petco and cut to shape, then put the bio balls on top.

What size tank, and what other filter if any?
its a 29g tank i refer to it as my 30g lol and it currently has a hob filter not sure name brand or model number but it has 2 sides to it(see pic) it had another single hob filter on it but that died last night hence the reason i got the eheim today

Back
Top Bottom