Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-23-2011, 10:51 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Eheim 2215

My filter has always made noise after cleaning along with bubbles coming out of the spray bay. This would subside after a little while and run silently until the next cleaning. For the last month the noise comes and goes all day and night. The surface it is on is level. Has anyone had issues like this?

Old 10-24-2011, 01:41 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Have you tried tilting the filter around to release any trapped air bubbles?

Old 10-24-2011, 11:14 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeah, that used to work, I would do that after the filter filled and ran for a few minutes. Now it runs quietly for 15-20 min and then starts with the noise and bubbles and then quiet again. This is 24/7.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:23 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Might be drawing air in somewhere, some teflon tape around the main seal gasket might help. If that solves the problem you'll need a new gasket, the tape is only a temporary patch. Also check all the hose fittings and connections.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:27 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

This should have been included earlier, sorry. I have a 72g heavily planted tank. The media flow in the filter is as follows: on the bottom I have the ceramic noodles, then the blue coarse pad, then the ceramic balls and at the top I use regular filter floss. The white stuff you pull apart and stuff in there. I do not use carbon and the fine filter pads seemed to fall apart quickly. I do a 20-50% pwc weekely and I clean the filter as well, only replacing the filter fiber.
I purchased this filter in May of this year, the top o-ring is in good shape and the intake seal at the bottom is tight.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:27 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddnbecka View Post
Might be drawing air in somewhere, some teflon tape around the main seal gasket might help. If that solves the problem you'll need a new gasket, the tape is only a temporary patch. Also check all the hose fittings and connections.
I'll run through the entire line.

Tags
eheim, eheim 2215

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com