Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-14-2011, 04:30 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ok awesome hope it works

Old 08-14-2011, 04:47 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

nope, it was working for a bit, now it looks like the temperature is dropping again. I am getting a hold of the ebay store and just asking for my money back. I'll get one from another website.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:58 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Or just a internal heater
Old 08-17-2011, 12:01 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

Hydor ETH external heaters work great on Eheim canisters!

I have a dozen of them and have never had a problem.

They remove one more thing out of the tank and you do not have to worry about electricity or your fish breaking them.

A 200W on a 40 gallon breeder is the exact setup I have except I am using an Eheim 2073 Pro 3 canister.

When the heater activates the little red light on the side should light. You should be able to feel the heat in the water pumping back into the tank.

Either the heater is not working or the water flow back into the tank is so low it cannot heat the water.

Not sure what your problem is but many others have praised ETH heaters here as well....................
Old 08-17-2011, 12:22 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcahow View Post
Hydor ETH external heaters work great on Eheim canisters!

I have a dozen of them and have never had a problem.

They remove one more thing out of the tank and you do not have to worry about electricity or your fish breaking them.

A 200W on a 40 gallon breeder is the exact setup I have except I am using an Eheim 2073 Pro 3 canister.

When the heater activates the little red light on the side should light. You should be able to feel the heat in the water pumping back into the tank.

Either the heater is not working or the water flow back into the tank is so low it cannot heat the water.

Not sure what your problem is but many others have praised ETH heaters here as well....................
I've gotten two of them from this guy on eBay and both of them havent heated my tank at all. I even tried cutting the flow down to less then half to see if the water was passing through the heater too quickly. Nothing has worked. What are the chances this guy sent me two broken heaters?

The red light doesnt stay on for long at all, and when it is lit, I dont feel any difference in water temperature. He told me I shouldnt feel a difference from the sprayybar and the tank water because the temp difference is so small....IDK what to make of that whole thing.

I have herd nothing but good thing about these heaters, so I decided to order one from foster and smith on line. It will be here Thursday, so hopefully this one works.::fingers crossed::
Old 08-17-2011, 03:21 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Regular

I got most of mine from Dr Foster&Smith or Big Als when they were on sale.

The red light usually stays on for awhile when the heater triggers as it takes a while to raise the temp of the entire tank.

If the next one fails as well then there is some other underlying problem.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:55 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeah I dont really know what that problem could be though. I make sure its fully vertical, and I let the filter run for 5 mins before plugging it in (to avoid air bubbles in the tube). The directions say after 24 hours, the tank should be at the desired temperature. I had both of them plugged in for 48 hours, and they weren't even close. Hopefully I have better luck with this one from a legitimate store.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:54 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

The new heater seems to be working excellent. I also bought a thermometer that sticks to the inside of the tank. It's holding steady at 84 now.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:04 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well done ! Glad to see it works
Old 08-20-2011, 02:49 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Third times a charm lol

Tags
eat, eater, eheim, heater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com