eheim 2227 wet/dry canister filter ?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slowboattochina

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has used an Eheim 2227/2229 Wet/dry canister filter for FW aquarium ? I know it is only biological filtration, But would it be a good addition to a Filstar XP3 (90 GAL tank). I read website and it states that water returns in pulses forming mini waves , which is beneficial to SW tanks. Just wondering if it is suitable for FW , I can get a good deal on a new one if it is suitable.( 50 dollars for 2227 8O ) Any info would greatly be appreciated. TIA

Slow,

I've been running one for years on a FW tank and it's worked great. Since it only provides biological filtration (and oxygenation), your Filstar will provide the mechanical and chemical filtration. This is a Superb setup as you will never disturb the biological filter when doing maintenance on your Filstar.

Asaint

Great, I just emailed my friend telling him I want the filter. I guess you can never have too much biological filtration. Thanks for the information.

Back
Top Bottom