eheim 2233 overkill on a 10 gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sir_dudeguy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i'm gonna be converting my 40 gal breeder tank to saltwater soon, but i've still got 4 kuhlie loaches, 2 neons, and a glowlight tetra in it...i was thinkin of taking the eheim 2233 thats on the 40 right now and put it on the 10 and then putting all the fish in there? It would just be temporary till i find someone to take them from me...

would that filter be overkill for that tank and make too much flow? Its not really enough flow for the 40 that its in IMO...i think they're only rated to like 160 gph or something...great filter none the less tho.

I think th current may be alitle stroing and the 2233 is rated up to 60gal. I mean you could use it but it will be moving alot of water. Also 10gal may be alittle small for the fish so find a home quick for them

Does it have a throttle valve on the discharge?...If not maybe you can order one.

Just hooked up without valve to restrict flow I'm thinking its too much current.

ok well i did it. IMO its perfect flow for freshwater..not strong at all. Those eheim eccos dont realy push out a lot of water at all...its only 160 gph...and all the fish are in the tank now too...i just used the water from the 40 and moved the eheim over too. So nothing in the water should change right? i mean all i have in the 10 is plastic plants sand and rocks...and the 2 kuhlies (got rid of 2! yay!) and 2 black neons and a glowlight...the only fish that i actually bought were the loaches..the others were just dumped at my place by someone..oh well

Back
Top Bottom