EHEIM CANSITER FILTER QUESTION

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As far as I know, the only reason it says it's for marine is because of the materials the heater is made out of (corrosion resistant alloy) to make sure it lasts in saltwater. You would have no problem using it in fresh water (again, AFAIK).

You could buy a brand new filter for less, but if you know the filter wasn't abused, and you trust the person you are getting it from, it's a good buy.

-brent

I have a Eheim 2026 running on my 58 gal - essentially the same filter without the inline heater. It's been running 24/7 for over two years without a problem. Like most brands, Eheims are designed to run in both fresh and salt water tanks.

The filter you see at Petsmart fpr $319 is selling at Big Als for $219. A used one for $100 is a good deal unless it's really old or missing parts. Don't forget that you may have to buy new media, which will run about $50.

Then again, you could get a brand new Fluval 404 (a darn good filter for the money) for less than $100 - media included. Whatever you do, be sure to shop around online - you could save yourself alot of money.

I'm planning to buy xp3 online I was just looking into this deal see if it was worth it or not to possibly add to the new 75g tank

Back
Top Bottom