Eheim Classic 2215 quality? (2013-2014)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sf1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi,
I want to add canister for my 29g with 2x Fluval C3 hobs.
I have 2 choices: Eheim 2215 or Fluval 206.

I read that in those days Eheim product quality isn't as good as before and the plastic become very cheap, also many claims about horrible warranty and support.

Is that true?

How about Fluval? It's really much easier to clean it? It hold more or less media?
Which one is more leak proof?

Thanks

Another choice is: Filstar XP-S

Eheim seems to be hard to priming...

Fluval have a superugly output tube...

Can I cut input tube for Fluval 206?

Eheim's are actually retardedly easy to prime, the internet's just full of idiots. All you have to do is set it up, open all the valves, then give the Out (i did it at the outlet quick disconnect) hose a good suck... and when you hear the can starting to fill with water, reattach the quick disconnect and it's done. You then just have to work out the air bubbles.

Then when you have to clean the can, just close the valves (once you disconnect the can from the hoses, opening the outlet valve of the can will let you open it... there might be a squirt of water out though), then once you're done cleaning the can (DON'T fill the can back up with water), reattach the hoses, open the intake valves then outlet valves, and the can will fill back up... and then you just have to work the bubbles back out... but you should only really have to clean out the can, to change filter floss, maybe once a month, so it isnt to much of a hassle.

Thanks
I ordered Eheim 2215. Did you tried it's Surface Skimmer?

No, I dont really 'need' it... a little surface film doesnt seem to bother anything

Back
Top Bottom