Eheim Classic 2217 Vs. Rena Filstar XP3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eheim Classic 2217 Vs Rena Filstar XP3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • XP3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tazcrash69

Aquarium Advice Regular
At the risk of starting the canister filter equivalent of a religious war,

Which one? Eheim, has a great rep, Filstar has some nice bells and whistles (Disconnect for one).

Has anyone had both of these? Has someone switched, and then regretted, or didn't regret?

Thanks

If you never want to have to do major repairs and want a super quiet filter that will run that way for decades with proper maintaince and have the money, go with the eheim.

If you want a filter that is easier to maintain and setup.. then the XP3 might be for you.
I would expect more maintaince long term though.. If you have never had to fix a filter.. that might be something to consider..

I've fixed filters (my fluval 304 is 10 years old, and is still going. They were round when I bought mine), and made my own Fluidized bed filter, but why should I have to waste my time on re-building something.

Thanks, I'm now looking to wait and get an E 2206.

ahh.. so you have had to fix one.. yea.. It can be a waste of time..
I like to tinker with things... but I dont buy things that I know Ill have to tinker with.. unless I get them for uber cheap used..
no problem.. I hope you dig the eheim.. :p

Back
Top Bottom