Eheim ECCO 2232

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishkeeper88

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I recently bought a Eheim ECCO 2232 and put it on my 29 gallon tall. I bought it on sale for 36 dollars it was 129 dollars before sale. It works fine the only problem I notice is the flow is a little weak from the out take. I am wanting to know what others think about this situation. Here is the aquarium and filter.

Okay so I've been watching the water get brown and now there are little organisms growing in the tank. I think I am very disappointed about the out flow of this filter. I am going to put my marineland HOB filter back on the aquarium. I'm really not fond of Ehiem filters now. Ive done some research and have found others very upset about this model year.

Okay so I've been watching the water get brown and now there are little organisms growing in the tank. I think I am very disappointed about the out flow of this filter. I am going to put my marineland HOB filter back on the aquarium. I'm really not fond of Ehiem filters now. Ive done some research and have found others very upset about this model year.

I don't think the color of the water is related to the filter, I think that you water is turning brown and have organisms growing in it because of the wood you have. "Driftwood" releases tannings for months, so that explains the color (if you recently added the wood) and the organisms are mosquito larvae (I think). I have seen them growing when I neglect to change the water in which I'm soaking pieces of driftwood. And the only thing I can say about the output is that when you compare the output of a power filter to that of a canister, the power filter seems more potent. I hope that helps.

also what i would do its clean the hoses sometimes the get clogged and also if u can fill up the bathtub and let it run for 5 minutes there and just watch it also u might need to replace the impeller if cleaning the hose didnt work

I changed 50 percent of the water and it is full of tannins from the wood. I also cleaned the filter a bit. so it was the new wood afterall. thanks for the help i have never had that happen with wood.

i have a question. the instructions for this model are not good. how can i avoid water shooting out of the filter cannister after i unplug the hoses? it was my first time opening it since the initial setup...

well im not too familiar with this model but usually as ive seen the canisters have a shut of valve for both the intake and output hoses so what ull want to do is to turn the shut off valve to the off then unplug the filter and wait 1-2 minuts b4 removing that has helped me alot plus it will keep the pressure on the hose so when u connect it again it will automatically starts to fill up again

Back
Top Bottom