Eheim filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jhoussock

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm running a eheim 2217 filter on my 46 gallon bow front tank. I switched from a whisper 30-60 hob and my tank water was crystal clear. Now I notice more particles floating and missing the input of the eheim mostly floating up top. I've tried micron pads and polyfill but it looks as if the particles are just more floating by the input. unless someone has a different suggestion, I was planning on getting a aquaclear power head with the filter attachment to use as a mechanical filter. And help with the upper level particles. My question is what size should I get for this? Do I need something that will filter 46 gallons a few times an hour since I have the eheim? I already have a lot of flow so don't want to much current. Tank is set up to cater to my discus. I believe my tank is tall as well because the eheim input sits a few inches above the substrate don't know if that matters.

Why did you change filters in the first place? Makes no sense, if you wanted more room for bacteria/bioload maintenance just remove the crappy plastic trays in the whisper and throw in more sponges,lava rock, ceramic rings, etc... The filter you had worked perfectly for your tank

I think you are downgrading going from the 2217 to a whisper 30-60.

The only HOB I would replace the 2217 with would be an aqua clear 110.

Oh, you can't get it clean with the eheim?

Are you running the correct pads in the canister? I've had the wrong size in mine for the longest time. You should have eheim 600 pads.

Forget eheim pads. Just buy a roll of poly fiber for $10 at Wal-Mart and cut to fit. I don't understand people throwing away money buying specific pads for this and that. I use poly fiber, eBay sponges, and the plastic scrub pads at Wal-Mart (3 for a $1)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom