Eheim Jager 250 calibrating the heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MasterBlaster73

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just purchased your Eheim Jager 250 heater for my new 60 gal freshwater aquarium ( I also bought your Professional 4+ 600 canister filter).

My problem I am having is with calibrating the heater.

I set the thermostat to 78 degrees (I have an external digital temperature gauge I am comparing to. The tank got to 82 degrees. I tried to move the red ring to 82 degrees but there is a small blue nub with white on top that prevents turning the red ring past it.
I need to turn the red ring past it to set it to 82 degrees. What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• eheim heater.jpg
    eheim heater.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 315
Please explain as my little brain doesn't understand.
A=as far as the red ring can be moved downward.
B=what the temperature should be 71 degrees before calibration. Actual temp in 78 degrees.
C=as far as the red ring can be moved in the other direction before B hits C.
I need to move B to 78 degrees which is already as far up (or high) as I can move it. Moving it in the other direction will lower the temp, not raise it.

What am I missing? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• eheim heater 2.jpg
    eheim heater 2.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 142
I have 2 of these filters that can not be calibrated properly also..
Never again for me..I am aqueon pro all the way.:whistle:
One should question a company that unlike all others leaves it to the customer to calibrate the setting....:facepalm:

I have finally got the heater to a stable temp but there is no way to move the red ring far enough to match the real temp. I contacted Eheim with a complete description and photo's and all they did was send me a generic video of how to adjust it which I have seen before. I know how to adjust it. It doesn't work.

If I remember correctly you don't move the red ring, you turn the blue part.....

EDIT: I misread your first post ignore this

I think mine were assembled backwards as I could have easily set it for whatever and used my thermometer but the actual task of setting the pointer to the temp was /is { I still have them in drawer] was impossible.

I think mine were assembled backwards as I could have easily set it for whatever and used my thermometer but the actual task of setting the pointer to the temp was /is { I still have them in drawer] was impossible.

This seems to be my problem.

The blue ring changes the temp and the red ring is just a marker.

Right on..exactly how I was going to respond. The issue with the thing is, it’s hard to spin the blue or red, so you think your going down the wrong path. You tube has some cut and dry videos on it.

Back
Top Bottom