Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-22-2014, 01:04 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
eheim/jager heater calbrating issue

I have anEheim 100 watt heater and it worked fine for many months. I unplugged it in the summer and left it in my 40 gallon tank because in Southern Califronia we don't need a heater in the summer EVER. A couple weeks ago I plugged it ini And now it won't calibrate. It stays around 80 degrees Fahrenheit. I just want to drop it down to &7/78 degrees. I can't believe this too much to ask.

I unplug the heater and follow the calibrations instructions to calibrate it. I have done this 4 times now. I have checked the tank with 3 different thermometers.

I have re-read the instructions over and over and watched 2 different YouTube videos to make sure I'm not doing it wrong.

I bought it in April of this year, Don't have a receipt because it worked fine for 3 months after I purchased it and most retailers wouldn't even consider a refund or exchange this far along anyways.

Any suggestions on how to get this thing working right?

jim532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 06:14 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does it not matter what position you have the temperature setting on? It almost sounds like the temperature adjustment is hosed. The blue ring should turn and adjust while the red pointer is your calibration. How long have you had the heater?

RadMax8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 06:43 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist
I thought i purchased it in April but wife says i bought it in either February or March. during the winter it kept the tank at 77f with no issue. No cracks in the glass, no rust in the coil.

I think i will just order a new one. I got a response from eheim with a bunch of questions but they also want a receipt which i no longer have.
And by the time they make a decision whether to replace it or not, my tank occupants will either be cooked or shivering.
jim532 is offline   Reply With Quote

age, ate, eat, eater, eheim, heat, heater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com