Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-21-2005, 08:18 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ok, the weekend came and went and not everything went according to plan.
Friday afternoon UPS brought the 2 boxes from Bigals.
Heater, Filter and other necessities.

The good news ? The tubes from Eheim are 16/22 mm and work witht the ETH
The bad news ? Somebody in the packing department (either Bigals or Eheim) had a bad hair day.
The lever that allows to connect/disconnect the tubing was in the up position and therefore slighty to high to close the carton. When I unpacked I already saw the crack in the lid of the filter box carton. The lever was cracked in the middle and 2 parts of actually thick plastic were lying inside the box.
Ok, long story short, I called and ordered a new one and they will send the return label to send the defect one back.

At that moment I saw myself sitting here on the weekend with my aquarium and no functioning pump. But guess what... my aquarium didn't make it. I had ordered it on Saturday, they received their deliveries on Thursday (at which day the guy was supposed to call me) and he wanted to drop by on Friday evening. He didn't call on Thursday and not on Friday, I called him 3 times and stopped by the store where I heard from somebody else that the stand and the canopy made it, but not the aquarium. He later called me and said the aquarium made it but not the stand and canopy... Anyway, no sense in getting either part without the other.

So somehow nothing worked but still everything was in sync

In additional to that we went out and got ourselfs a 10 gallon set and a few tetra.
Phanton, Longtail, Redeye and Blackskirts.

Volker is offline   Reply With Quote

eheim, fluval, val

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com