Eheim Professional II?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basefrog

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently received this filter from someone who had a SW tank. I am currently scraping off all the "coral" and worms that are on the inside of this filter. And will soak bits in vinegar to dissolved the bits I can not get it. This is all to get it ready for my 29g FW tank.

As i have never had a canister filter before, I just wondered if there is anything I should know? Maintenance? Positioning?

Thanks!

Eheims can last a while before they need cleaning. I have a classic 2215 running on my 55g cichlid tank and clean it out every 3 months or when the water begins to slow.

Look for a set up video on youtube. That should help since eheims can be tricky to set up if you've never used a canister before.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks yeah. I have been looking about on youtube. It needs a new rubber seal as it leaks and some filter sponge. Other than that it's good to go ;)

Ran into a slight problem.. I boiled up the double taps and hosing to steriliser them and try to loosen some of the algae.. In the process I melted and disfigured the taps.. They no longer fit into the filter head =( Looks like I shall have to buy a new set.. At least the filter was free haha!

Back
Top Bottom