eheim professionel II thermofilter 2128

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmk6

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am buying a 120 gallon setup off a guy on craigslist I like everything i have seen about it and have no reservations. However I am not familiar with eheim filters and more particularly thermofilters. I don't know how comfortable I am with a filter heater. Anyone with past experience with these good or bad please chim in. I am still going to get the set up but might start looking for a filter replacement sooner rather than later.

Eheim canisters are probably the best ones available for long-term dependability. The classic series are the simplest and less expensive, the Pro II series are a bit fancier and easier to prime. The thermofilters have a rather expensive (to replace) heater inside the filter case, never had one of those but do have several of the Pro II filters. I got them used, had to replace the main pump head gasket on one because it had been sitting dry for many months.
If the heater doesn't work I wouldn't worry about it, just use a regular heater and forget it. That won't affect the capacity or operation of the rest of the filter either way.

Back
Top Bottom