Eheim Pump ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vindicator

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I was reading that the Eheim pumps put out a little less heat and use a little less power than the Mag drive pumps. So naturally I was thinking about getting one. They are a bit more money, BUT I figure with the long run power bills maybe it will be worth it.

BUT I did notice that I did not see a Eheim that was over 900gph ratting.

Now this tank I am setting up will be my first overflow system. Previous tank had cannister filters, so I am open to ideas and feedback.

My big question right now is - Will 900gph be ok for a 110g tank with a in stand refugium? Iv heard you need a bit less flow though a Fuge compared to a sump anyway.

So what do you guys and gals think? any ideas? or Suggestions?

It all depends on your overflow. What is it rated for? If you have a 600 gph overflow, match that with the pump, accounting for head loss. You don't want to be pumping more than the overflow can return to the sump.

Eheim is a quality pump.

How do I check the overflow rating? Lets say If I bought a used drilled tank, and the owner had no idea what it was rated at?

I will have to check, its like brand new , he just had it for some reason. guess he never got around to setting it up.

I will have to call or measure the hole size, I know he did not drill it himself. It is an All Glass Aquarium 110g pre drilled

Back
Top Bottom