Eheim Skimmer 350 Review

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericwithac

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just wanted to let everyone know how pleased I am with my recent purchase of the Eheim Skimmer 350.

I recently bought a 60G cube for my new house. Ive gone all out with a ecotech light, Eheim canister and all the bells and whistles including a Jebao DP4 Dosing Pump for ferts.

That being said, my tank developed what resembled an oil slick on the top of the aquariums water. The warm temperatures of this tank (discus going in soon) combined with the powerful light, have made this "slime" appear on the surface.

I researched why this was happening, and the recourse behind it. It sounded like it was time for a top skimmer.

It just so happened I was at my LFS, looking at their planted 90g cube discus tank, with an eco tech and eheim canister (now you know where my idea came from) and noticed the top of their tank had a similar "slime." Matter of-factly, the LFS owner says, "We use this tiny little Eheim skimmer. You think it would be a piece of crap, but it works great."

Looking at the tank, my thought were, "this isn't working at all for this tank." Again, as if reading my mind, the owner says, "oops! Looks like the plants were choking the skimmer."

Almost instantly, the top was starting to clear up! In just minutes the entire surface was perfectly clear.

Needless to say, an amazon prime order later, I have the skimmer setup, and sure enough, the surface has cleared up as I type this.

If your looking for a cheap, yet well made top skimmer, this Eheim is great. The suction cups are decent, cord is sturdy, and theres even an adjustable speed feature. I highly recommend this to all!

In Soviet Russia iPhone You!!

I have one of these in my 46 gallon and it works great. I clean it out once a week to get small plant remnants off the sponge.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom