Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-08-2005, 01:37 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Ehiem Pro II

How come i can't find any thing about this filter on this site?

Well i'm going to buy a 120 gal aquarium in the near future, and i need a filter. I was planing on buying the Filstar Xp3 because it is quite inexspensive and people say good things about it.

Today i found a used Eheim Pro II 2028 filter for sale. they are asking $125 can wich is about 50$ less than the Xp3 new. i was just wondering if this was a good deal, and if it is worth the exspence for the Eheim?

thanks

Old 10-08-2005, 01:49 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to greenmaji
bigalls sells them both..
Xp3
Pro II 2028

You can get the Xp3 less then $125 (just over $100)
but.. thats a very good price for the Eheim Pro II 2028.. 50% off online retail price..

If you don't like shopping over the internet, bigals also sells by phone and mailorder..

As far as no information on this site about the filter.. that's one expensive filter for what it is, I wouldnt have one unless I found someone selling a broken one for really cheap, or just givin it away.. So I dont have any experiance with it..

Old 10-08-2005, 08:17 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to gheitman Send a message via Yahoo to gheitman
Eheim filters generally have the best reputation among aquarists but they are also the most expensive. Because of the price I bought a new Filstar recently and I have been very happy with the results.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:16 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah, Eheim filters are great!
I never had a Filstar before, only Fluval and Eheim. If you have the money I would go with an Eheim (just my opinion) .
Old 10-08-2005, 02:23 PM   #5

Yeah i just got it.
i have it hooked up to my 36 gal and seems to be going good. i had a hard time starting it up, the push pump is stiff but other that that it works fine. It came with a bunch of media too. i also went to big al's in nepean before and they had a new one with media and everything for about $350.00. i'm pleased so far.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:32 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to msmonih Send a message via Yahoo to msmonih
We have 2 Eheims 2213 2215, they are wonderful filters. It has been worth the money spent on them. They stretch out the carbon use. Filter media last longer, less water changes, and the aquarium water is very clean. Plus you can tailor your Eheim to your fishes needs much easier than you can a hang on filter.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:10 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

I've been very happy with my Eheim 2026. In fact, I am planning to get another for the 30 gal I will be setting up soon.

Eheim pros: Very reliable, no leaks, whisper quiet, and very easy to clean.
Eheim cons: Relatively expensive, can be hard to find spare parts.

Big Als is currently selling the 2028 complete with media for $249. You found a bargain.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:07 PM   #8

Stick with the Eheim their the best (in my humble opinion)

Tags
ehiem

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com