Electronic Timer - What do you use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish4phil

Aquarium Advice Freak
By far, the loudest component to my aquarium set up are my 2 mechanical timers. The constant "buzz" "buzz" "buzz" sound is driving me insane. My equipment requires a grounded timer, so I've been using the "Intermatic TN311 15 Amp Heavy Duty Grounded Timer". I don't recommend.

What digital timers do you use for your grounded equipment?

I use 2 digital timers from home depot. They are the ones with 2 grounded plugs and only $15.

Some other people use Woods digital timers

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I tried using one of those smart plugs that connect to wifi and controlled from a smart phone. A D-Link. Was a total failure, as they had issues with their central schedule configuration and made all of them turn off every other hour. I returned them to bestbuy and did it the old fashion way. Lights on when I come back from lunch and off before putting kids to bath. Lol

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I need to get some grounded digital timers (thanks for the tip fish wrangler). My lights use the slim, non-grounded type but my regulator uses the Intermatic described above. It's in a cabinet so you can't hear it fortunately. It reminds me of those rotary style kitchen timers used while taking timed tests in school.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I use 2 digital timers from home depot. They are the ones with 2 grounded plugs and only $15.

Some other people use Woods digital timers

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Exactly what I use. The square digital with two 3 prong outlets. You can pretty much program it however you want , lots of options including sunrise/sunset option. I have mine programmed to come on in the morning for a few hours then off and another program for the evening. Works great!!

Back
Top Bottom