Emergency electricity appliance?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YaBuddyHuddie

Aquarium Advice Freak
I live in West Virginia and our weather is persistently unpredictable. We receive snow in large masses periodically over the winter season. Occasionally, these storms will be bad enough to put my house out of power. Like everyone else, I have a lot of my hard-earned money invested in my tank. In the event that a storm will put me out of power this winter, is there any kind of device that can supply power for my tank? Like something that has a few outlets and can run my heater and filter? And yes, I'm quite aware generators exist and I own two myself. However, I need those for other purposes. Is there anything battery powered out there that can get the job done? I want to hear ALL SUGGESTIONS. Thanks!

Yup I own a few battery powered pumps. Don't know why I didn't think of that. As far as heat though it looks like I'll just have to wrap the tank...

Do one of your generators power your hot water heater? If so you could always do a pwc to keep the temp up. That would oxygenate the water as well.

No I don't use the generators for that but I could. That's a good suggestion. Appreciate it!

How about buy a good generator, big enough to power you house. As in lights fridge, heater, and in our case, our fish tank stuff. Basically, nothing extra, the necessities. You could get a big enough genie (generator) to power everything like business as usual, but that'd cost a small fortune. But all the battery powered stuff that has been suggested, is great if you have to be on the move. Honda has a great line of small genies that'd be great for powering JUST your house's heater, tank equipment(as long as its not a HUGE set up) and fridge and lights. And best part is, they hardly sip fuel and are whisper quiet.

How about buy a good generator, big enough to power you house. As in lights fridge, heater, and in our case, our fish tank stuff. Basically, nothing extra, the necessities. You could get a big enough genie (generator) to power everything like business as usual, but that'd cost a small fortune. But all the battery powered stuff that has been suggested, is great if you have to be on the move.

I've pondered this. Maybe if I can come up with the money I will.

It IS the BEST way to go, with a genie that is. Most reliable, longest lasting solution. Imo. Just watch C.List for a good deal on a nice genie.

Back
Top Bottom