emperor 400

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hacksaw_dan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am currently cycling my 135 gallon, and have it setup with 1 emp 400. I have another emp 400 on my 55, which I will move to the 135 once cycling is complete. The new tank will contain 2 large Oscars and 1 large pleco. Will 2 emp 400's be enough for the 135? The tank dim's are 72 x 18 x 25. The packaging says one emp 400 can handle up to 80 gallons, but everyone I've talked to seems to think 2 of these may not be enough filtration. I've also read about converting emp 400's to "reverse action power filters". Has anyone done this, and does it make a difference? Finally, should my intake strainer be towards the bottom of the tank, or in the middle?

thanks for your help,

Dan

I have changed my filter from near the bottom to the middle and it appears to work better. When I clean my substrate it is cleaner than it was when the suction was near the bottom and it seems to have a better flow.

You should be fine if you only have those three fish. Thats only 36" of fish in 135g of water. If you get anything else than yes you'll need more filtration. A rena filstar xp3 would be good.

Back
Top Bottom